Director: Yun Sun
Registration Closes: Thursday, September 02, 2021
2021 Fall Calgary Junior Go Rating Tournament
The Calgary Junior Go Club is dedicated to the promotion of junior Go in the Calgary area. The club is open to every junior Go player from Kyu to Dan. Our goal is to help kids to improve their Go skills. We use a system of group online or offline classes and tournaments.
In fall 2021, the fourth junior rating tournament will be hosting online at KGS Server.
This rating tournament is for kids under age 18. We will set up a qualifying rating tournament according to the rating system of the Canadian Go Association.
1. Date: September 3rd-October 1st, 2021; Every Friday 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
2. Location: Online
This rating tournament is opened to the students of the Calgary Junior Go Club.
E-transfer Only, The payments need to be prepaid before Friday, September 3rd, 2021.
All the certificates are issued by CGA (Canadian Go Association). If grading is successful, an additional fee will be charged for certificate processing. If the children don't win a certificate they don't need to pay the fee to the CGA (they should still pay the fee for the tournament).
25k – 6k
5k – 1k
1d – 4d
5. Exam Tournament Schedule
September 3rd, 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
September 10th, 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
September 17th, 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
September 24th, 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
October 1st, 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
6. Tournament Rule
· 5 rounds - McMahon Method
· AGA Rule, 19x19 board, Komi 6.5; If play with handicap, komi 0.5.
· Each Game will approximately take 30 to 45 minutes. a countdown clock of KGS will be setup for the game.
· Rating tournament system: http://info.go-canada.org/youth-rating-tournament/
7. Single Tournament
A single tournament will be created for all players. Every participant in the tournament will be assigned a "McMahon score" by the computer. When the computer pairs players it tries to
· Ensure the players have not played before
· Ensure players with "as close a score as possible" are paired.
Promotion table: http://info.go-canada.org/promotion-tables/
· If you are unsure about your child’s rank, please contact Calgary Junior Go Club. If you already have CGA Go Rank Certificate, please register based on that.
· If the handicap of pair is not on the handicap table of CGA, the Tournament/ Exam Organizer will arrange the pairing manually and post it during the matches.
· If the participants' rank differs from each other greatly; a handicap will be decided by the Canadian Go Association and the organizer for the match to be effective. The following chart shows the handicaps will apply for each level.
Handicap Table: http://info.go-canada.org/handicap-tables/
8. Basic Tournament Rules
· The participant needs to pay the exam fee in full before the exam starts.
· The absent participant will be recorded as lost at the absent round.
· The Player should not get AI or someone’s help in the tournament. If the organizer finds the player has any cheating behaviour, the round will be recorded as lost.
· Players should not comment on other games during the match.
Name: Yun Sun
Phone #: 1-403-919-8166
Email: calgaryjuniorg[email protected]
|Ruiqi Wen||7k||7k||Stratford||Jul 23, 2021|