Director: Quan Sun
2021 We-Go Open
Since its establishment in 2016, We-Go Club has gathered a large number of Go enthusiasts of all ages. Together we are on a mission to create a professional Go environment for beginners and to popularize Go across the world! In January 2021, We-Go Education will be hosting The Fourth We-Go Open. The event will be divided into two major groups: the adult group, and the children's group. We will set up qualifying competitions for the children category, where winners will be allowed to qualify for the major event competition. The adult category will be an open format, and those who score well will receive prizes and other bonuses. Whether you are an admirer of Go, play Go for fun, or just want to learn more about the game, we welcome you all to journey with us on our mission to popularize Go throughout the World!
1. Date: Sunday, January 24, 2021 EST (11:00 am - 7:00 pm)
2. Online Platform: OGS (https://online-go.com)
3. Registration (Deadline: January 20, 2021)
Step 1: Register
Login to the CGA website with your account (if you don’t have one, please create a new account), and click on the “register” option on this event page. This can be done right now, and you should immediately see your name listed below on the participants.
Step 2: Additional Information Form
Please fill out this google form for additional information: https://forms.gle/LXV2QDKb6NkM3PA27
Fees: The payments can be E-transfered to firstname.lastname@example.org
Early Bird: $30/player (Before January 08 , 2021)
Regular: $35/player (After January 08 , 2021)
4. Online Tournament Schedule
6. Tournament Rules:
3 rounds - Swiss MacMahon Method
AGA Rule, 19x19 board, Komi 7.5
Timing: 35 minutes main time + 3 periods of 30 seconds
Top 3 players will receive an electronic version of certificate as well as cash rewards (TBA)
8. Tournament Special Rules (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY)
1. The participant needs to pay the exam fee in full before the exam starts.
2. The participant should not quit the exam in the middle of the day. All players need to complete five rounds of matches. If the player gets sick or encounters emergency situations during the tournament and has to leave, the player will not be raised to their proposed level even with enough wins.
3. All forms of AI and alternative help is strictly forbidden in this competition. Failure to do so will result in immediate termination of the tournament. The player is not welcomed to any of the We-Go tournaments in one year.
4. To ensure the fairness of online competitions, all players have to turn on their camera and join the video chat room before games start. Note that the video must clearly show the player. Any players who fail to join the video room or fail to turn on their cameras will have to follow organizers' final decisions.
5. If you suspect a player is using AI or other alternative help, you can request the referees to conduct an inspection report of that round. $30 is needed for the inspection report. However, if the inspection indicates that the other player did use AI or other alternative help, we will fully refund as well as changing the result of the round. If the other player’s playing history is clear and valid, you will not receive the refund of the inspection report.
6. If there are any other emergency situations, please contact We-Go to let us know.
Name: Quan Sun
Phone #: 226-978-0929
|Crane Kuo||3d||2d||Waterloo||Dec 12, 2020|
|Yitong Wan||2d||Waterloo||Jan 05, 2021|
|Nathan Yin||1d||Waterloo||Dec 11, 2020|
|Peng YI Lee||2k||Vancouver||Dec 27, 2020|
|Jackson Ma||25k||20k||Toronto||Jan 17, 2021|
|Boyu Qin||25k||23k||Kitchener||Jan 21, 2021|