On Sunday, November 22, 2020, Ottawa Go School and Ottawa Association of Chinese Canadian University Alumni (OACCUA) will jointly host the 2nd Ottawa Youth Go Tournament – Online 2020.
This is an annual event. This year the tournament will take place online due to the Covid-19 pandemic. The tournament will be a one-day event on Sunday, November 22, 2020 on the KGS Go platform. It is open for any Go players under 18 years old in Canada. The players who have successfully completed the competition with good grading will receive an official Go Ranks Certificate issued by Canadian Go Association (CGA).
1. Date: Sunday, November 22, 2020, 9:30am – 5:00pm
2. Location: Games will be played on OGS( https://online-go.com). OGS is a free, online platform that is accessible to everyone.
3. Cost: Regular Registration: $10. (Regular registration ends on November 15th.) Late registration: $15. (Late registration ends on November 21st at 10:00pm ET.)
4. Registration: Setp 1: Registration Login to the CGA website with your account (if you don’t have one, please create a new account), and click on the “register” option on this event page. This can be done right now, and you should immediately see your name listed below on the participants.
Step 3: Payment 1) E-transfer the $10 fee in CAD to: email@example.com. Please clearly mark the player’s name. 2) Wechat pay: add Wechat ID Yingzhi_Chen and send a money transfer in RMB (currency rate is 5.3 for all times). 3) Registration is completed only after you have paid the registration fee.
4. Certificates: All successful players can obtain an official Go Ranks Certificate. All the certificates are issued by the Canadian Go Association (CGA). Note an additional fee of $10 will be charged for the CGA for certificate processing.
5. Tournament Schedule
9:30 am – 10:30 am
11:00 am – 12:00 pm
12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
2:30 pm – 3:30 pm
4:00pm – 5:00pm
6. Rules: This is a one-day 5-round tournament. Swiss pairing rules. SOS tie breaking system. AGA rules, 7.5 points komi. Time setting: Each player has strict 30 minutes main time for the game, no byo-yomi.