Director: Quan Sun
2020 We-Go Children’s Rating Competition
Since its establishment in 2016, We-Go Club has gathered a large number of Go enthusiasts of all ages. Together we are on a mission to create a professional Go environment for beginners and to popularize Go across the world! In November 2020, We-Go Education will be hosting its first online children’s rating competition. We will set up qualifying competitions for the children category, where winners will be allowed to qualify for the major event competition.Whether you are an admirer of Go, play go for fun, or just want to learn more about the game, we welcome you all to journey with us on our mission to popularize Go throughout the World!
1. Date: Sunday, November 8, 2020 (10:00 am - 7:00 pm EST)
2. Online Platform: TBD ---- KGS or OGS
Please check the We-Go website for user manuals:
3. Registration (Deadline: November 04, 2020)
Step 1: Register
Login to the CGA website with your account (if you don’t have one, please create a new account), and click on the “register” option on this event page. This can be done right now, and you should immediately see your name listed below on the participants.
Step 2: Additional Information Form
Please fill out this google form for additional information: https://forms.gle/Xp4GtmnyZaZaWqDWA
Fees: The payments can be E-transfered to firstname.lastname@example.org
Wechat pay: add with Wechat ID wegoeducation02
Early Bird: $30/player (Before October 28, 2020)
Regular: $35/player (After October 28, 2020)
4. Certificates: All the certificates are issued by CGA (Canadian Go Association). If grading is successful, additional fees will be charged for certificate processing.
5. Online Tournament Schedule
6. Tournament Rules:
5 rounds - Swiss MacMahon Method
AGA Rule, 19x19 board, Komi 6.5; 13x13 board, Komi 6.5.
Timing: 20 minutes main time + 3 periods of 30 seconds (A typical game will take about 30-45 minutes to complete).
Rating tournament system: http://info.go-canada.org/youth-rating-tournament/
7. Ranking Groups:
Promotion table: http://info.go-canada.org/promotion-tables/
1D or above players will be collecting winning points in order to upgrade their level (the points will be calculated by CGA system)
If you are unsure about your child’s rank, please ask your current Go teacher. If you already have Go Rank Certificate, please register based on that.
25K – 4D division will use 19x19 board to play.
30K-25K beginner level will use 13x13 board, win at least 2 games out of 5 will get a certificate of 25K.
If there are not enough players, the Tournament/ Exam Organizer will arrange the pairing manually and post it during the matches.
If there are not enough players in the same group, and the participants level differs from each other greatly; a handicap will be decided by the Canadian Go Association and the organizer for the match to be effective. The following chart shows the handicaps will apply for each level.
Handicap Table: http://info.go-canada.org/handicap-tables/
8. Online Tournament Special Rules (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY)
1. The participant needs to pay the exam fee in full before the exam starts.
2. The participant should not quit the exam in the middle of the day. All players need to complete five rounds of matches. If the player gets sick or encounters emergency situations during the tournament and has to leave, the player will not be raised to their proposed level even with enough wins.
3. All forms of AI and alternative help is strictly forbidden in this competition. Failure to do so will result in immediate termination of the tournament. The player is not welcomed to any of the We-Go tournaments in one year.
4. To ensure the fairness of online competitions, all players have to record their games for each round using their own devices. Note that the recordings must clearly show the player, as well as the screen of the competition game. Any players who fail to provide the recordings will have to follow organizers' final decisions.
5. If you suspect a player is using AI or other alternative help, you can request the referees to conduct an inspection report of that round. $30 is needed for the inspection report. However, if the inspection indicates that the other player did use AI or other alternative help, we will fully refund as well as changing the result of the round. If the other player’s recording is clear and valid, you will not receive the refund of the inspection report.
6. Please note that all players should safely secure all their game recordings for the referee to review if needed.
7. If there are any other emergency situations, please contact We-Go to let us know.
Name: Quan Sun
Phone #: 226-978-0929
|Crane Kuo||2d||2d||Waterloo||Oct 13, 2020|
|Yuqing Zhang||1k||Coquitlam||Oct 12, 2020|
|Jiawei Tang||1k||Kanata||Oct 13, 2020|
|Michael Xu||6k||9k||Springwater||Oct 14, 2020|
|Harvey Duan||8k||Vancouver||Oct 17, 2020|
|Leon Leyuan Xu||8k||Surrey||Oct 07, 2020|
|Jerry Chai||10k||Markham||Oct 19, 2020|
|George Feng||12k||Richmond hill||Oct 19, 2020|
|Wenyong LUO||15k||10k||Waterloo||Oct 16, 2020|
|云天 沈||15k||Markham||Oct 16, 2020|
|Timothy Xu||17k||Springwater||Oct 14, 2020|
|Christopher Xu||19k||25k||Springwater||Oct 14, 2020|
|Guo Eric||24k||Woodbridge||Oct 14, 2020|
|Jason Liu||25k||15k||Richmond hill||Oct 17, 2020|
|Lucas Bissett||25k||22k||Waterloo||Oct 09, 2020|
|Claire Dai||25k||Richmond hill||Oct 19, 2020|