Director: Yun Sun
Location: Brentwood Sportsplex, 1520 Northmount Drive NW Calgary
Registration Closes: Saturday, November 23, 2019
2019 Calgary Junior Go Rating Tournament
The Calgary Junior Go Club is dedicated to the promotion of junior Go in Calgary area. The club is open to every junior Go player from Kyu to Dan. Our goal is to help kids to improve their Go skills. We use a system of group classes and tournaments.
In December 2019, Calgary Junior Go Club will be hosting the first rating tournament for juniors in Calgary. This rating tournament is for kids under age 18. We will set up a qualifying rating tournament according to the rating system of Canadian Go Association.
1. Date: Sunday, December 01, 2019 (10:00 am - 5:00 pm)
2. Location: Brentwood Sportsplex, 1520 Northmount Drive NW Calgary, AB T2L 0G6, Canada
Cash or e-transfer Only, The payments need to be prepaid before Saturday, November 23, 2019. E-transfer to CalgaryJuniorGo@gmail.com
All the certificates are issued by CGA (Canadian Go Association). If grading is successful, an additional fee will be charged for certificate processing. If the children don't earn a certificate they don't need to pay the $10 fee to the CGA (they should still pay the fee for the event of course).
25k – 6k
5. Exam Tournament Schedule
10:00 am - 10:30 am
10:30 am - 11:30 pm
11:30 pm - 12:30 pm
12:30 pm - 1: 00 pm
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
3:00 pm – 4:00 pm
4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Statistical Results &Rewards Ceremony
6. Tournament Rule
· 5 rounds - Swiss MacMahon Method
· AGA Rule, 19x19 board, Komi 7.5; If play with handicap, komi 0.5.
· Each Game will approximately take 30 to 45 minutes. If an individual game takes too long, a countdown clock will be setup for the game.
· Rating tournament system: http://info.go-canada.org/youth-rating-tournament/
7. Single Tournament
A single tournament will be created for all players. Every participant in the tournament will be assigned a "McMahon score" by the computer. When the computer pairs players it tries to
· Ensure the players have not played before
· Ensure players with "as close a score as possible" are paired.
Promotion table: http://info.go-canada.org/promotion-tables/
· If you are unsure about your child’s rank, please contact Calgary Junior Go Club. If you already have CGA Go Rank Certificate, please register based on that.
· in entry rank of 25k-21k, If they don’t previously have a CGA certificate, they can get 25K certificate instead of “None” with 1 win.
· in entry rank of 20k-16k, If they don’t previously have a CGA certificate, they can get 20K certificate instead of “None” with 1 win.
· in entry rank of 15k-11k, If they don’t previously have a CGA certificate, they can get 15K certificate instead of “None” with 1 win.
· If the handicap of pair is not on the handicap table of CGA, the Tournament/ Exam Organizer will arrange the pairing manually and post it during the matches.
· If the participants level differs from each other greatly; a handicap will be decided by the Canadian Go Association and the organizer for the match to be effective. The following chart shows the handicaps will apply for each level.
Handicap Table: http://info.go-canada.org/handicap-tables/
8. Basic Tournament Rules
· The participant needs to pay the exam fee in full before the exam starts.
· The participant should not quit the exam in the middle of the day. All players need to complete five rounds of matches. If the player has to leave from a genuine emergency during the tournament, the player will get a certificate with enough number of wins.
· Players should not talk during the match or do any activities that will disturb the opponent.
· Players should not comment on other’s games during the match.
Name: Yun Sun
Phone #: 403-919-8166
|Zihan(Helen) Jiang||1d||23k||Calgary||Oct 22, 2019|
|Angela Huang||10k||20k||Calgary||Oct 16, 2019|
|Xinghao Yin||15k||9k||Calgary||Oct 13, 2019|
|Youmi Liu||19k||19k||Calgary||Oct 10, 2019|
|YOUREN XU||20k||13k||Calgary||Oct 16, 2019|
|Yi He Sun||20k||8k||Calgary||Oct 09, 2019|
|Minghao Liu||25k||15k||Calgary||Oct 09, 2019|
|Zhengyang Yang||25k||23k||Calgary||Oct 09, 2019|
|Zi xuan Hong||25k||23k||Calgary||Oct 10, 2019|
|Raymond Ruizhou Li||25k||20k||Calgary||Oct 10, 2019|
|Zhengyao Wang||25k||19k||Calgary||Oct 11, 2019|
|Yiming Chen||25k||20k||Calgary||Oct 14, 2019|
|William Ren||25k||19k||Calgary||Oct 16, 2019|
|Elaine Sun||25k||25k||Calgary||Oct 21, 2019|
|Derek Zhen||25k||23k||Calgary||Oct 22, 2019|
|Alicia Li||25k||25k||Calgary||Oct 24, 2019|
|Dorothy Wang||25k||25k||Calgary||Oct 24, 2019|
|Tony Yuan||25k||20k||Calgary||Nov 18, 2019|
|Curtis Yida Song||25k||23k||Calgary||Oct 27, 2019|
|Xiang Ye||25k||20k||Calgary||Nov 01, 2019|
|Jiaxing An||25k||23k||Calgary||Nov 07, 2019|