Director: Joanna Liu
Location: Golden Key Cultural Center
Registration Closes: Sunday, April 24, 2016
Date: Sunday, April 24, 2015
Location: 3558 Erindale Station Road, Mississauga, ON
Time: 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
For Children and Youth (Age 16 and Under)
Fee: At door ($30) Before Mar 1 ($20) after ($25)
Exam Tournament Schedule
9:30 am Registration Begins
10:00 am to 11:00 Round 1
11:00 am to 12:00 pm Round 2
12:00 pm to 1:00 pm Lunch
1:00 pm to 2: 00 pm Round 3
2:00 pm to 3:00 pm Round 4
3:00 pm to 4:00 pm Round 5
4:00 pm to 4:30 pm (Small Go items auction & Awards Ceremony)
For children 1K and under
Canadian Children’s Go Level Ranking Exam
The Children Amateur Go Level Ranking Exam will be in forms of a series of ranking matches that occurs quarterly (every three months) on date and at location announced by Canada Go Association.
The matches are open to all children age 16 and under with current level of 25 kyu to 1kyu.
All ranking exams consists a total of 5 games.
25k raising to 20k (win at least 3 games out of 5)
20K raising to 15K (win at least 3 games out of 5)
15K raising to 10K (win at least 3 games out of 5)
10K raising to 5K (win at least 4 games to be 5K, win 3 games to be 7K)
5K raising to 2K (win 5 games to be 2K, win 4 games to be 3K)
2K raising to 1D (Win 5 games to be 1D, win 4 games to be 1K)
There will be no handicaps for exam games with in the same group. All children in one group must be entered as the same level to start with.
If the participant is 12K, he/ she will be entered as 15K to compete in the 15K raising to 10 K group.
If there are not enough players, the Tournament/ Exam Organizer will arrange the pairing manually and post it out during the matches. If there are not enough players in the same group, and the participants level different from each other greatly. The handicap is decided by the Canadian Go Association and the organizer for the match to be effective.
Basic Tournament Rules
1. The participant needs to pay the exam fee in full before the exam starts.
2. The participant should not quit the exam in the middle of the day. All players need to complete five rounds of matches. If the player gets sick or encounter emergency situations during the tournament and have to leave. The player will not be raised to their proposed level even with enough number of wins.
3. Players should not talk during the match or do any activities that disturb the opponent
4. Players should not walk around and watch other’s matches while their own game is not finished.
5. Players should not comment on other’s games during the match.
6. Players should be polite and dress appropriately.
7. Players should listen and follow to the judgment by the judges.
* Have to pay through Golden Key website to qualify early registration. Details to be updated.
|Alice Sedgwick||4k||2k||Toronto||Feb 29, 2016|
|Owen Sedgwick||7k||Toronto||Feb 29, 2016|
|Gavin An||10k||9k||Toronto||Apr 24, 2016|
|Cheney Wang||10k||10k||Mississauga||Mar 05, 2016|
|Edric Zhou||12k||Toronto||Apr 02, 2016|
|Elwin Fu||14k||Mississauga||Mar 01, 2016|
|Steven Chan||17k||Toronto||Apr 19, 2016|
|Emily Chan||20k||Toronto||Apr 19, 2016|
|Judy Zhang||20k||Mississauga||Apr 10, 2016|